Best Ever Pancake Recipe
"These are the best there are until proven otherwise." Scott Reyes, CEO
* 2 1/2 cup milk
* 6 Tablespoons vinegar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 6 Tablespoons sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 4 tablespoons melted butter
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Combine the milk and vinegar in a small bowl for 10 minutes. You could also use buttermilk for this step but we like the flavor of this process better.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk the soured milk, egg and melted butter.
4. Pour into the wet ingredients into the dry and gently blend until flour is just incorporated. It’s okay to have lumps.
5. Let the batter sit, undisturbed for about 10 minutes. Do not stir it at all.
6. Melt 2 Tbs butter into a pan set to medium high.
7. Gently pour a ¼ cup of batter onto your frying pan or griddle.
8. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and then flip with a spatula and brown the other side.
Here are a few tips...
Don’t over-stir your pancakes. Stir them until most of the lumps are gone.
Keep your pan on medium. Too high and the surface will burn while the inside is still gooey.
For super round pancakes, spray an extra large round cookie cutter with oil or butter and pour your batter into the mold. Remove the mold when you are ready to flip.
Put some sliced bananas on the pan before you pour your pancakes.